Taking pics easily with #WeddingSnap
On 17th September I have taken part into WeddingSnap project as Android consultant and developer. At first, I was so confused and astonished by the idea that a guest takes pictures with his phone at a wedding. But after a few days I have noticed that this is a great idea! Far from Italian traditions, catching pics socially is a great thing because it increases and amplifies the sense of friendship and closeness between people. In fact, if you consider that we are talking about unforgettable and precious moments you’ll certain understand that the bride and groom want all best things in their precious day.
15 years ago we were used to take pictures through simple cameras but now, in an era governed by most famous social networks and technologies, we are using smartphones more and more. WeddingSnap tries to collect these special moments merging wedding’s pictures into shared album, avoiding useless tricks to share pics between guests. Through this idea all people involved in a wedding can take and share a lot of photo shoots without caring of number limits and distribuition of them.
In just one month the Android app is grown quickly, giving to this project a great contribuition. In particular, if you decide to take a look on GooglePlay, you’ll find these new features:
- Off-line mode: you can collect pictures without connection and upload them in another moment
- Share: you were so marvellous at your friend wedding! Why not share that shoot on Facebook or Twitter?
- Get it! now you can download on your phone pictures shared by other guests!
- Fastness and responsiveness: old version of WS were too slow… and now it looks very fast!
- Delete it! Don’t worry if you have upload the worst picture of the Wedding!
- Several improvements on errors! have you noticed that now app is more stable?
If you aren’t ready for your first, second,….. wedding, give a look at ForeverSnap! You aren’t forced to use a wedding app if you only want to collect other events pics 😉
Posted on November 2, 2012, in Development, Experience and tagged ActionBarSherlock, Alchemiasoft, Android, California, Code, considerations, development, Facebook, ForeverSnap, Fragment, FragmentActivity, idea, innovative, italian traditions, json, mobile, review, San Francisco, second wedding, Simone Casagranda, software, StartUp, technology, thoughts, Wedding, WeddingSnap. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.